Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Jumping Souls and Running minds: For They are Free to BE

        With no creative sparks volting through my entangled dendritic highways, I'm  a lost human who sits, stares, and I begin to lose track of who I think I am personally. I' start to feel trapped and with no release there's no saying what might happen. I finally drag my limp body to a door, turn the knob, and boom. An explosion in my bain goes off everytime I walk into my art studio. The studio has this power over me I'll let it's power pull me as I slip into my detached zone. As though I'm not even here on this very planet I start to dig into myself and pull every bit of me out that I can ending in art, doing so in my distanced councious level, and with the real world beyond the door. In end the product of this is not the external product, my art peices, but a greater personal awareness of me, who I am, or what makes me I.
All this is possible by me knowing and being in my favorite place, my art studio. This is a place of free thinking and true self-expression, here I can break away from the shackles of comformity and drab everyday life. I receive a certain state of mind that enables me to turn myself inside out and find myself. My studios environment frees my mind and soul, and brings them together. For me there's not a single place on  earth that can match my studio's awsome power.

       The list of benefits that can be found in having such a place is neverending. Fostering personal growth, discovery, and self-expression are at the base of my list for my studios deliverences to me and would seem to base most others. Also, probably the most important of all is the euphoric feeling of snipping the cord between yourself and the real world, leaving all of its pressures outside where they can't reach you and influence or direct behavior contrary to how you would trully act. These pressures of the common, or real, world grow more intense and damaging with every generation of humans that continue to overrun the planet. Pressures that would take a lifetime to list for example, status, wealth, and exceptance are actually not that hard to combat. Through having a place to dissapear too, using it to further your own self-image through self-reflection, and doing this often to keep up with our own changing selves, we can as a society aspire higher. So I ask you where's your studio?

No comments:

Post a Comment